Tuesday, July 8, 2014

High school recap/ graduation!

Hey guys! So recently a lot has been going on so I'm going to give a couple major life updates in this one post so be prepared! 
The first major life change that has happened is I was apart of the graduating class of 2014! Which is very exciting in every way possible for me! High school was very difficult for me in a lot more ways than one! I wouldn't say that I'm one of those people who are going to want to go back anytime soon... Here's a little recap on each year
Freshman: For me freshman year was my favorite year! That year made me somewhat hopeful for the next three years ahead. I was  very involved in student council, my grades were awesome, my social life was great, and everything seemed like it was finally falling into place. I made it through the year and then that summer I had a surgery that I was dreading for 2 straight years and that's when things began to take a turn. For my whole summer I pretty much spent it recovering and trying to get ready to go back to school on time with everybody else. I was determined to do it and I did! But it definitely wasn't easy! Took a while.
Sophomore: sophomore year began a little rocky due to the surgery and other things. Not only was I trying to recover from surgery but I also had a full schedule and was apart of student council still. If that doesn't sound like a lot we were also in the beginning stages of the trial in Oakland. But my friends were still awesome and things were hectic but it was somewhat in control until I began traveling to Oakland every week officially. After that I began to lose control kind of slow and steady. Not only were things starting to go wrong physically but also mentally I was starting question a lot of things that normal teenagers do like, my friends, who I was, and want I wanted in life for example. By the end of sophomore year I was ready for summer. Unfortunately before it ended I had to drop student council to make my schedule a little easier.
Junior: probably the worst year out of all the years. I would say that this year I was very sad and frustrated with how life was going for me. I began to become more isolated from everyone and more moody than normal. I was very closed off and I didn't care as much but at the same time cared too much. My grades were at an all time low, the study was stressing me out makeup work was piling up, I felt very lost in everyway, and I felt very alone. I really tried to get things back on track I joined a community service class, I changed my class load and tried to be more happy but all those things just made it worse. My community service class demanded a lot of time I didn't have and I was always behind luckily I had amazing teachers in that class that were very understanding and helpful but I still felt bad about how much extra slack the were cutting me. Oakland was Oakland it was demanding but started to become regular and little did I know that's where I'd find structure. By the end of junior year I was completely done with this stage of my life. I was ready to graduate and move on and make them distant memories.
Senior: by senior year I was just existing, only had to be there 5 hours out of the day and four days out of the week so I was pretty much not really there. When I wasn't there I was either at home or in Oakland. My social life was very chill to put it in a nice way and I was really just trying to focus on trying to balance and juggle everything else so it was somewhat on the back burner. It really did fly by and went painfully slow at the end but it ended and I couldn't have been happier some might question the amount of excitement I had as way too much! But if you were in my shoes You'd understand. 
High school wasn't at all what I expected it to be, within those four years I completely lost who I was and began to question everything. Most importantly I started to doubt myself. I started to believe that this is all that life was full of bad days and sleepless nights with tiny breaks in between. That I would just have to figure out how to survive. Of course I was wrong and I kind of knew that all along in the back of my head but you know I'm a teenager and I have to figure things out the hard way sometimes.
Before I continue to tell you guys the second part of my good news I have to give a special shout out to some pretty awesome teachers I had....
1. Mr.Hardt- Psychology and Government: This guy right here is so amazing in more ways than one, he really did help me become a better and more assertive person. He was one of those teachers who cared less about your grade point average and more about who we were as individual people. He really did care more than he led on too! Mr.Hardt if you are reading this thank you so much for helping me remember how to believe in myself again and teaching me how to be more assertive, I'm still working on it but I'm improving everyday. I can't wait to bring back my University Diploma to hang on your wall!!!
2.Mrs. Sylss- Jr. English/GC105: So as I said above Jr year was the hardest year for me and probably my all time low. Well I had this IEP meeting that I always dreaded because basically its where all your teachers get together with your parents and counsellors to tell them about your progress... At that time I was a perfectionist and my grades were definitely not cutting it. I had a major break down because everyone was looking to me to tell them what to do and I felt like a complete failure... Well this woman right here gave me some tissues and pulled me to the side and told me "Kianna you've got to let go and to stop being a perfectionist. You are way to hard on yourself and you're making things harder.  You've got to believe in yourself because I know you can do it" Mrs. Sylss if you're reading this thank you so much for everything you did for me! That small pep talk is really when things began to change for me and I began to start believing in who I was again. That pep talk also had a little something to do with my tattoo too. I really appreciate everything, you are an amazing teacher with an amazing personality and you taught me a lot, I will be forever grateful. Thank You tons!

Finally for my second major life announcement I have been accepted to..... ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY!!! I'm officially a sundevil! I am so excited for this new chapter of my life to start. I am so ready for a new adventure with new people and tons of new opportunities to be seen! I'll be posting a more info about it later but for now lets just enjoy and take this all in!

Before I officially I end this post I have to shout out all of the people who came out and showed support for me and the ones who sent love who just couldn't make it! Especially to the ones who came out and cheered the loudest for me I love you guys so much! you really don't understand how much it meant to me! I am forever grateful to all you wonderful people. I love you guys!
Just love my family definitely faves
best couple in the world, love them


One of my favorite people in the world
Forever Friends, Love her
Best Friend in the world




one of my Favorite cousins


best influence in my life 


No comments:

Post a Comment