Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bullying is not OK!

I wanted to write about bullying because as we all know it's just a big problem! And it's not something you can blame on anyone else for how bad it's gotten. For example Amanda Todd, isn't it sad how Facebook or the social media has messed up the story so bad that no one really knows what happened. But we still judge her and I see things on Facebook saying she deserved it or she should have tried harder to kill herself... PEOPLE WAKE UP!!! Someone is dead! People die everyday because of bullying and it's not okay! Whether she made a mistake or it was her choice, she never deserved to die. How could people like Facebook statues about that kind of stuff because its not funny... How could our society see people at their weakest and decide to just rip them apart? Let me ask this have you ever laid in your room and just cried because you felt like you were hated? Or have you ever been bullied let me tell you it's not fun... And while you think it's funny to like these cruel horrible Facebook post and ugly comments I think you should realize that you are just the same as the bully and if not worse because you don't even know what's going on. I've been bullied not as much as expected but I have been bullied and it makes you feel like there is something wrong with you and that out of the billions of people in this world you feel alone... One time I was at an indoor jungle gym playing with one of my good friends and her family for a birthday or something, I was only about maybe 9 or 10 at the time. These group of girls decide that it would be funny to follow me around and laugh and call me names like midget. At first I ignored it because I didn't want something like that to ruin my day but then it just got worse and worse and soon enough I started to feel very uncomfortable unfortunately it didn't end! I was going up stairs to another set of swings or something and I was pushed down the stairs, then laughed at... In that moment I couldn't even think straight, I've never been in situation that bad and I ran off. I sat alone and thought is it my fault? Why did god do this to me? How could he let this happen? I felt so alone and so angry that of all people, kids could be so cruel to each other... My friends mom found me and picked me up from the ground and we found the girls moms, they had the nerve to say they just want to be friends and made each girl apologize as they laugh through it. The mother also told me they didn't know better. I simply said I don't need friends like that and we left... All I could think is when I was younger my mother taught me not to stare, laugh, point, or call names and certainly not to do any harm to anyone. That had to come up in their childhood at one point if not that mother has hurt her child... For something that has made an impression in my life I bet they don't even remember. The point of the story was I was only 9 or 10 and I could have pushed back or called a name ( i had plenty in my mind) but didn't because at one point I knew how it felt to feel so low that I just wanted to cry all day and no I wasn't suicidal but I knew I never wanted to feel that again... So was it my fault that I decided to go to into public that day? While Amanda's question was whether or not she exposed self on purpose or not? Did she deserve it? Did I? No! No one should be broken down sooo much that it comes to something like this. Another argument is why does she get to become more noticed when our soldiers are out there dying for our country everyday? Ask yourself that?
Why is that? Let me tell you because we all let it happen and while I wasn't one of the people liking those awful statues or pictures I still feel guilty because I am apart of this generation where it has become ok to type things up and send it without any care in the world what it may do or lead to. The Internet has become one of many ways to bully someone without getting blamed for it. By liking one picture what harm could it do right? When you see "she should have tried harder to kill herself" statues,  I want you to try something, just scroll down or think of her mother who probably cries at night thinking I've could done more or her father who will never be able to give his daughter away... Or simply think is this helping or hurting? We make things happen in our society, we make trends, we make influences, we make a difference, we make the change! Why not make it a good one?

Highland should say NOH8

No comments:

Post a Comment